Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Where are you Christmas?

So, Christmas is coming. In like 2 days. I realized that I haven't really had my 'Christmas moment' yet...you know that moment where it really feels like Christmas and that child-like excitement comes back for a moment. It usually happens before now, so I'm a little worried about it. I am starting to feel relief from the workload associated with the holidays when you work in the coffee biz. It's like relentless pulsing waves inundating your every thought.  At least that's how it feels to me. A little stressful. Thank God it's ebbing. 
I have also been trying to figure out what to get for people this year. Giving gifts is one of the highlights to my year. I really wish I had more time or money to devote to it. I have all these great ideas, but they are either to time consuming or expensive. I had a difficult time figuring out what to give to my little brother after the "BORING...GARBAGE" fiasco two years ago. He was six....I'm almost thirty. I guess I should give it up and let it go. I did have a fleeting thought of giving him a whole melange of baby Jesus's from a variety of nativity scenes. Just a box filled to the brim with Jesus so that I can say "tis the reason for the season" in his pouty little face, but, it was a momentary smart ass idea. I ended up getting him Battleship instead. Oh! and Spiderman slippers. 
Other gifts are coming together more slowly. There are a couple in particular that I am trying to put a lot of thought towards, and they are coming along nicely...just slowly. There's another gift project that is starting to worry me, as I have very little control over it working out, but whatever happens, it will be sufficient. 
So yeah, Christmas moment. I need you to come sooner than later. You only have 48 hours to bewitch me. 
That's all for now. I will try to get a post out about the bacon cookies (that turned out to be awesome btw) very very soon. I've just been un-bloggish recently. Probably has something to do with WoW....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't quite had the Christmas moment yet either. Keep coming close, but no cigar yet...I'm glad that wasn't my little brother. I'd be all "Oh yeah? How about some coal??" Cause I'm mean like that.