Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I usually hate the travel part of travel, but...

Don't get me wrong, I do like going places. It's just the process of getting there that usually drives me insane. I would prefer a direct flight and any other device that means that I will get where I'm supposed to be without any unnecessary delay. Today my journey was broken into two flights: KC to Dallas and Dallas to LAX. When we arrived in Dallas, our gates got all switched around and then our plane was delayed about an hour because the alleged 'plane' was just pulling out of the alleged 'hangar' for an hour. I was a little pissy about that, but in retrospect it was actually worth it. Because of the delay I got to witness a wonder of nature. I have seen many sunsets, and they are one of my favorite things, but this trumped all.  It looked something like this, but this doesn't do it justice...


The orange was the most vibrant version of orange I have ever seen. There was a shade of green that was almost imperceptible between the yellow and the blue and I could tell that every color (except white) was present. The moon was out and a 'star' that was so bright it had to be Venus. It was so amazing that I was captivated by it for ten full minutes. I think that the colors were a result of the elevation. I have looked online to see if I can find anything from the ground that is close and nothing holds a candle. 

That's all I got

No comments: