Sunday, November 2, 2008

Worlds of Fun...well, sort of

So I went to Worlds of Fun today with my roomate, Hope. It was fun, mainly because I hadn't been there in a long time and I had never been with her. There were some memories that came flooding back to me when I was there from previous trips, mainly having to do with one of my friend's boyfriends back in high school and his antics almost getting him thrown out of the park.


I have to say this- their customer service is a bit shoddy. Not that I expected 5 star service by any stretch of the imagination. I'm just talking basics. Like when I attempt to order the Ice Cream of the Future (since 1988) I expect to at least be asked for an order...not stare at 5 people who tell me to wait a minute when I'm the only one in line. Also, when I'm willing to pay $4.50 for a 32oz cup of ice water (and make it clear that I understand it's a rip off) I would think the person ringing me up would say "ok" instead of trying to make me drink a 20oz of Aquafina.


I did get a little people watching in. I have to say that it was refreshing to go there as an adult instead of a dumb teenage girl as I remember constantly judging other girls outfits and other such nonsense. I don't know why we do that. Hopefully we grow out of it. I know I have. One of my favorite things about some of the rides is when grown ups are on a ride that is suspends them where their legs are free. After many years of study I can definitively and empirically state that no one ever outgrows the urge to dangle their feet. It's a fact. I should make it a wikiality...


In summation, it was a good day. Far more exhausting than I remember, and some of the roller coasters had a different effect than they used to. The highlight of the whole event had to be the turkey leg-

No comments: